Bangkok to Bagan 2004

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Still in Chiang Mai (but not for long)

Sorry for the lack of communication on my part. I have noticed I am less willing to blog now that my blogging buddy is away. It's hard to sit around the computer when there is so much to see and do! Let me try to give a quick synopsis on my last few days in Chiang Mai :

- went to the Sunday night market. Did a bit of shopping and walked around a bit. Very atmospheric, as this was the market that all the locals go (unlike the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, which is VERY touristy).

- took a Thai cooking course. Found out I am a horrible Thai cook, but now I am officially "certified", I am certain that any Thai restaurant worth its salt will take me on as their star chef.

- went to a hill tribe tribal museum outside of town. It had a small collection, but it was interesting in its own right. Still debating whether or not I plan on trekking and seeing some hill-tribes.

- went to a dance show held at the Old Chiangmai Cultural Centre. Basically for the older (and richer) tourists. There was a dance were swords were lit and twirled around. Very cool.

- Went up to one of Northern Thailand's holiest temples. Had a great view of Chiang Mai.

I have found myself constantly checking the travel advisory regarding Laos. I am sorely tempted on going through southern Laos at the beginning of December after the ASEAN conference. From the looks of it, I think I will definitely try to head over there (of course, after considering safety issues and all that fun stuff). Will keep you guys informed. Darn travel bug.

Heading up to Pai, a more remote northern Thailand town. Will catch up with you guys more later.

Take care (and don't worry, I am heeding my own advice),

Angel

1 Comments:

  • Enjoy as much of it as you can while you are there. Laos does sound intruiging, although I know little of the place.

    Do you take while you are travelling around though.

    CO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 16, 2004 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home