Bangkok to Bagan 2004

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Packing (and rockin')

First off, props to Mike for actually getting around to setting up "Bangkok to Bagan 2004". It’s not like I needed to nag him or anything. ;c)

Second, it’s pretty obvious to those who are close to me that I am uber-excited about this upcoming trip. If you don’t’ believe me, check out my Friendster page or my profile on AIM… it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am stoked about leaving Hong Kong (and that I am a geek, but I digress). Last year’s vacation to Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam has been, if nothing else, eye-opening. We hope this year's adventure will be even more surreal than the last.

For a short synopsis of what happened on our eventful trip last year, check out last year’s blog : http://asia03.blogspot.com. Due to the “success” of last year’s blog (namely that there was at least one individual who thought it wasn’t too boring), we intend on maintaining a similar format on our blog this year.

What I would like to achieve on this year’s trip :

- Eati random insects at various street stalls
- Relax on a beach and finally get a tan
- Not ride on airplanes sealed together with duct tapes (or at least insist on high quality duct tapes)
- Finally backpack alone for two weeks straight

So here I am, almost all packed. I cannot locate my hoodie (which I suspect I lost during one of my many drunken nights in LKF) and I am still at a loss to which book I should bring.

No one understands my obsession with finding the “right” book. Mike insists on me bringing a thin volume that I (okay, him) could carry around easily. I, on the other hand, would like to bring a book that captivates me, which must be long enough to last me a whole month and truly thought provoking. I will continue my search, but as for now, I am off to see a show at the space museum and dinner at my favourite Indian vegetarian restaurant with some friends. Dosa Masala rules!

Keep rockin,

Angel

3 Comments:

  • Good list of goals...however I believe "Getting Laid on the beach while simultaneously removing sand from my crack" was somehow ommited...I'll pretend it was because you were busy packing. And remember scorpion-mmm tasty while seashorse-too fishy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 28, 2004 at 10:26 PM  

  • I recommend you take "Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera or "I Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris.

    I'll be reading. By the way, Mike's comments were ridiculously funny last time. Angel, you really need to step up...or ... shut up :) Ooooooooooohhh....it's on...... :) Have a great trip!

    -Nickolay

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 29, 2004 at 1:59 AM  

  • Try "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers. Unless you've read it already, in which case don't...

    By Blogger angiekomar, at October 29, 2004 at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home