Bangkok to Bagan 2004

Thursday, November 04, 2004

In Ko Chang

We are currently in the tropical paradise of Ko Chang. It is beautiful beyond description- you'll just have to see the pictures when we get home (here is an accurate picture of the beach we're staying at). We're staying at KP Bungalows in Khlong Phrao Beach, room 23.

The water is clear. When we stepped in the water after we first arrived, it was the same temperature as the air- about 80 degrees. There is no pollution. The only things we see floating in the water are coconuts and sticks.

Angel and I spent today just loafing around, which is a great contrast from the hurried metropolis of Bangkok. We read for a bit on the shore, with the waves crashing against our legs (Dad, that book you gave me is really good. I'm about halfway done). Angel and I are really enjoying ourselves. Both of us have decided that it's the most beautiful place we've been. We are really enjoying life here.

Angel is taking a nap now, so I went out to blog a little and I bought some "Oakleys" for $3 US (I overpaid, but I didn't feel like haggling much). She's probably up now, so I gotta get going.

Mom & Dad, you'd love this place. You should consider going here on your post-Iraq trip.

Final note: This internet cafe is across the street from a reggae bar, and a King Tubby song is playing on vinyl. I am in heaven.

- Mike

1 Comments:

  • Hey, don't have a sign in name, but I guess you'll figure it out. Love the pic of the place and am looking forward to seeing some more. I am back here in Vegas and rockin and rollin already like I never left. good to be home, even for a little while. would love to hear more about your trip, so keep posting updates.
    Remember, safety! weird stuff in this world, so don't become a victim of radical groups....low profile, vigilance always.
    My brother Pat owes me $100 for this election outcome...i won't rub it in toooooo much...hahahaha. Sure miss seeing Angel as well...could you guys send some pics with both of you in them? that would be nice.
    Love you guys and have a blast!
    Dadman

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 6, 2004 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home