Bangkok to Bagan 2004

Monday, November 29, 2004

Khon Kaen

***Tirade below. You have been forewarned***

I am tired.

Not just physically tired, which is a natural result of running from town to town and trying to make sense of everything around me. I can deal with that (to a certain extent).

I am mentally tired.

I am tired of eating curries and/or noodles (because I am too poor to afford farang food), being scared of running out of money and therefore making every baht count, being lost all the time and being harassed on a daily basis by tuk tuk drivers and the likes. Sitting next to little kids who cries non-stop on seven-hour bus rides. Sick of always having to be paranoid and suspicious of people's good intentions and never getting a good night sleep due to the (horrible) Thai karaoke downstairs.

I miss my bed. I miss my family (my mom told me today that she took my sheets to the Laundromat to prepare for my trip home *wipe tears*). I miss my Mickey D's, MTV and MRT. I miss Cantonese food (and not the "Cantonese" food they prepare here). I miss my life. I guess I am slightly homesick.

Okay, I am done with my whinging.

I am having the time of my life. :c)

*** End of tirade ***

Okay, so I am in yet another town (which none of you guys will have ever heard of). I might be stuck here for the next couple of days as I have to see how long it will take the local Lao consulate to process my visa.

Another reason why I need to go back to Hong Kong soon : I am currently in an internet cafe blogging, when a bunch of kids next to me start singing this Thai pop song that's playing on the radio. What scares me is that I can actually sing the song myself (I mean, I have been here for a month now!)

I guess part of the reason why I am in such an irate mood at the moment is because I just arrived in Khon Kaen during their big festival. As a result, I have to pay 230 baht for a pretty crappy room.

Here are the details for my (crappy) hotel (and yes, I said hotel) :

Roma Hotel
Tel : 0 4323 7177
50/2 Th Klang Meuang
Khon Kaen

Oh yeah, on an ironic side note, I have re-extended my trip. I will now be (for reals!) returning back to Hong Kong on Dec 13.

Details for flight :

TG 606
Dec 13, Monday
Leave Bangkok at 16:00
Arrive Hong Kong at 19:45

My brother is also going to be coming home on the same day. So being the awesome (cough, cough) sister that I am, I am just going to pick him up from the airport so we can catch a cab back to Stubbs Rd together.

I am so considerate (and my stuff is going to be so freaking heavy).

Alright, about to pass out.

Angel


1 Comments:

  • You re-extended your trip until 13/12 ? I guess that means we'll see you back in HK sometime around Easter then (only kidding).

    Enjoy the time as much as you can until you return.

    In the meantime, and just to let you know, we'll be having a nice Mexican dinner this evening at Ai Caramba in Soho. Hmmm they make damn fine Chicken Fajitas and the Ultimate Margharitas are very delicious. Thereafter we may descend upon LKF for some after dinner drinks, all very civilised you know. I am even forcing Steven to come out and enjoy himself (which is hard work).

    CO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 29, 2004 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home